If you are dealing with coughs and colds already, skip
the nasty petrochemicals in over the counter
rubs and make your own 100% natural essential oil
vapour rub. Here’s how:
Absolute Essential Winter Rub
Please note: This is designed for adults & children 5 years + . If you need a remedy for a younger child please use our organic Chest Care Cream.
What You Need:
The consistency of your rub will depend on the amount of beeswax you use.
2 teaspoons of beeswax will give you a consistency that is slightly more solid than the usual vapour rub.
If you don’t have Breathe Easy on hand not to worry – you can use these oils instead:
- Use a small pan.
- Heat the coconut oil and bees wax on a low heat until it’s all melted in together
- Remove from heat and when cooling add in your essential oils
- Let your mixture sit and cool slightly more
- Transfer it to a small brown glass jar
- Once it becomes solid, you are ready to use it. It’s that simple.
You can apply the rub to your chest, back, feet, and right under your nose. Start with a small amount on your finger and add more if needed. When applying on children try putting it on their feet and cover it up with socks to ensure they don’t accidentally get any in their eyes.