You have no items in your shopping cart.
If you walk into any pharmacy or health food store nowadays and you are literally bombarded with hundreds of vitamins and supplements. In recent years, the amount of products on the market have tripled, and many of us are completely overwhelmed when it comes to making a choice.
Firstly, just because a Hollywood celebrity is on the marketing flyers, it doesn’t mean a product is high quality and perfect for you. (what it does mean is that company has an incredible marketing budget!!).
And just like the hundreds of vitamins on the market, not all probiotic supplements are created equal. In fact, most of the organisms in probiotic powders, liquids, and capsules don’t survive your stomach acids to make it to the gastrointestinal tract alive.
So what should you look for?
• Choose a product that contains billions of organisms. A probiotic dose will range from 5 to 100 billion colony-forming units (CFUs), the measure used to express its potency.
• Look for a supplement that contains multiple strains, sometimes listed as a proprietary blend. Inferior brands might only contain one probiotic strain such as Lactobacillus acidophilus. You want a product that has Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium strains, among others.
• Choose a dairy-free probiotic supplement that contains at least 15 billion each of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium strains
• Go organic. It’s the right choice for your overall wellbeing and absorption.
• Read the other ingredients on the label. Some commercial probiotic supplements contain undesirable binders and fillers, including colours and preservatives that may cause a reaction, like gas and bloating, if you are sensitive.
Simply by choosing the best product, you can support your wellness from the inside out and live vibrantly with good health!
Source: Immunity Fuel Probiotic