May be taken people experiencing the following:
- Infections and inflammations of the mucous membranes (Can be used topically)
- Bleeding gums
- Mouth ulcers
- Thrush – oral, intestinal and vaginal (used locally and/or systemically)
- Tonsillitis (gargle and internal)
Taken orally 3 times daily or as prescribed by your Healthcare Practitioner
May be diluted in water or juice
Adults 5mls to 10 mls
Children under 5 years 0.5ml to 2.5 mls
over 5 years 2.5mls to 5 mls
Dose requirements may differ from person to person.
Considerations are size of the person, nature and severity of the ailment, sensitivity of the person and other complementary / therapeutic preparations the person maybe taking.
- No problems expected.
- Licorice has been shown to deplete potassium levels and lead to sodium retention, which may possibly lead to fluid retention and hypertension. This may occur with very large doses if taken over an extended period of time. This is highly unlikely in acute conditions, but care must be taken in patients with a pre-existing deficiency of potassium.
- Avoid if you have any known ingredient sensitivities.